A .us domain name is a top-level domain (TLD) used for websites associated with the United States. It is one of the country code top-level domains (ccTLDs) assigned to specific countries or territories. In the case of .us, it’s meant for entities within the United States, including businesses, organizations, and individuals.
Registering a .us domain name typically requires the registrant to have a physical presence or legal connection to the United States, but some restrictions have been relaxed over the years, making it more accessible to a broader range of users.
Webcentral provides .us domain name registration, hosting, and search for companies. You will simply have to choose a new .us domain name and pay a registration fee to get started.
Once approved, your extension will look like this: www.example.us
To register a .us domain name, you can follow these general steps:
1. Check Eligibility: Verify that you or your organization meets the eligibility criteria for .us domain registration. As of my last update in September 2021, .us domains are generally available to entities with a connection to the United States. Eligible registrants include U.S. citizens, residents, organizations, and foreign entities with a presence or activities in the United States. Requirements may vary for specific second-level domains (SLDs) like .gov and .mil.
2. Register through Webcentral: Webcentral is an accredited domain registrar that offers .us domain registration services.
3. Search for Domain Availability: Use the registrar’s domain search tool to check if your desired .us domain name is available. If the domain is available, you can proceed with the registration process.
4. Provide Registration Information: Create an account with the registrar or log in if you already have one. You’ll need to provide necessary contact information, including your name, address, email, and phone number. Ensure that the contact details are accurate and up to date.
5. Review and Confirm: Review your order, including the selected domain name and the registration duration (usually one year or more). Confirm your registration details and proceed to payment.
6. Make Payment: Pay the registration fee for the .us domain. Prices may vary depending on the registrar and the registration duration. Some registrars offer additional services, such as domain privacy protection, for an extra fee.
7. Domain Management: After successful registration, you’ll have access to a control panel or dashboard provided by the registrar. This allows you to manage your .us domain’s technical settings, such as DNS records.
8. Renewal: Keep track of your domain’s expiration date and renew it as needed to maintain ownership. Most registrars offer automatic renewal options to ensure your domain remains active.
9. Compliance with .US Policies: Ensure that your .us domain registration complies with the policies and rules set by the .us domain registry. Familiarize yourself with their terms and conditions to maintain a trouble-free registration.
Please note that domain registration policies and eligibility criteria can change over time, so it’s essential to check the most recent information on the official .us domain registry’s website or consult with your chosen registrar. The registrar will provide guidance and support during the registration process and can address any specific questions or concerns you may have.
A .us domain name can be registered from 1, 2 or 3 years.
° Price varies depending on period and domain name.
† Applies to new .com.au and .net.au 1 year domain registrations only, not
renewals, transfers or backorders. Price not applicable to premium domain names. View full terms.
Offer based on our RRP.