.nz domain names are the country code top-level domain (ccTLD) for New Zealand. These domain names are specific to New Zealand and are commonly used for websites associated with individuals, businesses, organisations, and entities located in or connected to New Zealand. The .nz domain is managed by the Domain Name Commission, which is the regulatory body responsible for overseeing domain registration in New Zealand.
Webcentral provides .nz domain name registration, hosting, and search for companies. You will simply have to choose a new .nz domain name and pay a registration fee to get started.
Once approved, your extension will look like this: www.example.nz
The main difference between a .co.nz domain name and a .nz domain name lies in their structure and purpose. Both are related to New Zealand, but they serve different functions and may have distinct eligibility requirements. Here’s a breakdown of the differences:
● .co.nz: A .co.nz domain name is a second-level domain under the .nz country code top-level domain (ccTLD). It is specifically designed for commercial entities and businesses operating in New Zealand.
● .nz: A .nz domain name is a top-level domain (TLD) for New Zealand. It can be used for various purposes, including commercial, non-profit, personal, and organisational websites. .nz is more versatile in terms of its potential use.
● .co.nz: To register a .co.nz domain, you typically need to meet specific eligibility criteria, which include having a connection to New Zealand, such as being a registered business or entity in New Zealand.
● .nz: Depending on the second-level domain (SLD) under .nz, eligibility criteria can vary. Some SLDs may have specific requirements, while others, like .nz itself, are relatively open and can be registered by a wider range of individuals and entities.
● .co.nz: .co.nz domains are primarily intended for businesses and commercial ventures operating within New Zealand. They are a clear indicator of a website’s commercial nature.
● .nz: .nz domains are more flexible and can be used for a broader range of purposes. They are suitable for businesses, organisations, non-profits, personal websites, and any website that wants to establish a connection with New Zealand.
● .co.nz: .co.nz domains are well-recognised in New Zealand and are often associated with local businesses and commerce. They can convey a strong local presence.
● .nz: .nz domains are also recognised in New Zealand and can be used for various types of websites. They offer a more general New Zealand identity without specifying the type of entity or business.
The choice between a .co.nz domain and a .nz domain depends on the nature of your website and your eligibility to register them. If you are a commercial entity based in New Zealand, a .co.nz domain may be more appropriate. However, if you want a New Zealand-related domain for a broader range of purposes, a .nz domain is a versatile option that allows you to establish a connection with the country without specifying a specific type of entity.
You can register a .nz domain name in Australia from 1 – 2 years.
° Price varies depending on period and domain name.
† Applies to new .com.au and .net.au 1 year domain registrations only, not
renewals, transfers or backorders. Price not applicable to premium domain names. View full terms.
Offer based on our RRP.