A .uk domain name is a top-level domain (TLD) that is specific to the United Kingdom. It is the country code TLD (ccTLD) for the UK and is used for websites associated with individuals, organisations, businesses, and entities located within the United Kingdom.
Webcentral provides .uk domain name registration, hosting, and search for companies. You will simply have to choose a new .uk domain name and pay a registration fee to get started.
Once approved, your extension will look like this: www.example.uk
Registering a .uk domain name for your Australian business can have several advantages, depending on your specific business goals and needs. Here are some reasons why you might consider registering a .uk domain name:
● International Expansion: If your Australian business is looking to expand internationally, including into the United Kingdom, having a .uk domain can help establish a local online presence. It can make your business more accessible and relatable to UK customers.
● Targeting the UK Market: A .uk domain name can help you specifically target the UK market. It may lead to higher visibility in local search engine results and increase your chances of attracting UK customers.
● Brand Protection: Registering a .uk domain name can help protect your brand in the UK. It prevents others from using your business name with a .uk extension, reducing the risk of brand infringement.
● Enhanced Credibility: Having a local domain extension, such as .uk, can enhance your business’s credibility with UK customers. It conveys a commitment to serving their market, which can be particularly appealing to consumers looking for local providers.
● Local SEO:/ Search engines often consider the domain extension when ranking search results. A .uk domain may give your business an advantage in local SEO, helping your website appear in UK-specific search queries.
● Localised Marketing: If you plan to run marketing campaigns targeting the UK audience, having a .uk domain name can help create a consistent and localised online presence for your marketing efforts.
● Safeguarding Future Expansion: If you foresee future expansion into the UK or want to keep your options open, registering a .uk domain now can help secure your online presence for potential international growth.
● Diverse Online Portfolio: Some businesses choose to register multiple domain extensions to create a diverse online portfolio. This can include a .com.au for Australia, a .uk for the UK, and other relevant domains to cover different regions where they operate.
When considering the registration of a .uk domain name for your Australian business, it’s essential to assess your international expansion plans, target audience, and branding strategy. While it can offer advantages for certain businesses, it’s important to align your domain choice with your specific objectives and markets of interest. Additionally, working with domain registrars experienced in international domains can simplify the registration process.
The primary difference between a .co.uk domain and a .uk domain is in their structure and historical use. .co.uk is specifically associated with commercial and business websites in the United Kingdom, while .uk is a more recent addition designed to provide a simpler and more versatile option for websites of various types, regardless of their commercial or non-commercial nature. The choice between the two depends on your specific branding, business, or online identity needs.
You can register a .uk domain name in Australia for 1, 2 or 5 years. A .co.uk domain name can be registered from 1 – 10 years.
° Price varies depending on period and domain name.
† Applies to new .com.au and .net.au 1 year domain registrations only, not
renewals, transfers or backorders. Price not applicable to premium domain names. View full terms.
Offer based on our RRP.