Benefits of Changing Your Domain to .au
There are several benefits of changing a domain to a .au extension:
- Increased credibility: A .au domain is a country-code top-level domain (ccTLD) specific to Australia, and it can increase the credibility of your website among Australian users and customers.
- Better search engine optimization (SEO): The .au domain is more likely to rank higher in local search results, making it easier for customers in Australia to find your website.
- Better brand identity: A .au domain can help establish a stronger brand identity in the Australian market, especially if your business focuses on serving that region’s customers.
- Compliance with local regulations: Some businesses in Australia are required to have a .au domain for compliance with local laws, such as those related to e-commerce or online gambling.
- Improved security: The .au domain registry has a robust security infrastructure to protect domain names from cyber threats. Additionally, it regularly performs security audits to ensure that the domain names are secure.
How Does SEO Improve Your Website?
Search engine optimization (SEO) is improved when a website uses a .au domain for several reasons:
- Location-based relevance: Search engines use the user’s location to display relevant results. When a website uses a .au domain, it signals to search engines that the website is applicable to users in Australia, which can result in higher search rankings.
- Relevance to local audience: A .au domain can increase the website’s relevance to local audiences, as it signals to search engines that the website specifically targets an Australian audience.
- Increased trust: Search engines consider the credibility and trustworthiness of a website when ranking it. A .au domain can increase the credibility and reliability of a website in the eyes of search engines, as it signals that the website is a legitimate business in Australia.
- Relevance of keywords: Using keywords in the domain name and website content is crucial for search engines. A .au domain can help websites rank for keywords relevant to their target audience, as it signals to search engines that the website is focused on a specific region and audience.
Using a .au domain can help a website improve its SEO by signalling its relevance, credibility, and trustworthiness to search engines, which can result in higher search rankings and increased visibility among local audiences.
By What % Would a .au Domain Improve SEO?
It isn’t easy to quantify the exact percentage by which a website’s SEO would improve by changing to a .au domain. Many factors contribute to a website’s search rankings, and the impact of a .au domain on SEO can vary depending on the website’s current rankings, content, and competition.
However, having a .au domain can be a positive factor for a website’s SEO, and it can provide a boost in search rankings, especially for websites targeting a local audience in Australia. It is common for a website to see a significant improvement in its search rankings, especially for locally relevant keywords, after changing to a .au domain.
It’s important to note that changing to a .au domain is just one of many factors that can impact a website’s SEO. Other factors, such as quality content, website structure, and backlinks, are also vital elements for optimizing a website’s search rankings.
How Does Website Security Improve After Switching to a .au Domain?
The security of a website is improved when it uses a .au domain for several reasons:
- Registry security measures: The .au domain registry, auDA, has a robust security infrastructure to protect domain names from cyber threats, such as hacking, phishing, and spam. This helps to ensure that the domain names under the .au domain are secure.
- Domain name system (DNS) security: The .au domain registry implements best practices for securing the domain name system (DNS) to prevent DNS-related attacks, such as DDoS attacks and cache poisoning.
- Regular security audits: The .au domain registry regularly performs security audits to identify and address potential security risks. This helps to ensure that the domain names under the .au domain are secure and free from potential threats.
- Domain name locking: The .au domain registry offers domain name locking, which is an option to lock a domain name to prevent unauthorized changes, such as transfer or deletion. This helps to prevent domain hijacking and other security-related incidents.
By utilising a .au domain can improve the security of a website by providing access to the security measures and best practices implemented by the .au domain registry, and offering additional security options, such as domain name locking.